Tiverton West End
Formed in 1911 Tiverton West End Bowling Club is dedicated to playing flat-green lawn bowls. You will find us in a scenic and secluded corner of Westexe Recreation Ground in Tiverton in the beautiful Exe Valley in the very heart of Devon, yet within easy access of Junction 27 of the M5, the North Devon link road and both coasts; just off Wellbrook street and nearby Tiverton fire station.
- We are a mixed bowling club with a strong ladies section and a small junior section.
- The club has a vibrant social scene throughout the year and fields teams for friendly and competitive bowls matches during the bowling season.
- Our Green is one of the finest in the West Country and coupled with our clubhouse, bar and catering facilities ensures that any visit to ‘Tiverton West End’ is an entertaining and pleasurable experience.
- The varied range of social activities arranged throughout the year includes: Skittles, Dances, Quiz Nites, Bingo, Barbeques and the occasional birthday celebration!
- The Green opens daily from 10:30 am. The sun regularly shines at ‘West End’!
- We welcome members of all ages and abilities. Currently our youngest playing member is 11 years of age whilst our eldest is over 90!
- If you are interested in playing or taking up bowls why not contact us or, better still just drop by! You will find the Club in use most afternoons and evenings. Friday night is Club night. there is plenty of seating around the Green for spectators – what could be more relaxing on a warm summer’s day or evening than watching a game of bowls whilst enjoying a refreshing drink?
- Social (non-playing) members are encouraged and they enjoy all the facilities of the Club.
Touring & Visiting Clubs
- A traditional warm ‘West End welcome’ is extended to all touring and visiting clubs. We relish the opportunity of providing friendly opposition and of making new friends … and of renewing old ones, of course. We do our utmost to ensure that all requirements are met and that every visit is an enjoyable and memorable one. We should be pleased to help in any way that we can. Do not hesitate to contact us.
- ” Work is a fine thing if it does not take up too much of your time! “
There is street paring within the vicinity of the Club and Pay & Display parking nearby
Enter your post code in the field below to get directions to this club.
Map & Directions
Club Secretary>Maureen Robertson01884 email@example.com
Match Secretary>Doreen Butt01884 firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Captain>Bob French01884 250208
Ladies Captain>Doreen Butt01884 email@example.com
Treasurer>Tony Sykes01884 firstname.lastname@example.org